In Ohio biological parents are obligated by law to provide for their children whether they are married or not. Absent a court order to the contrary, the mother of the child is deemed to be the residential parent and sole legal custodian. Therefore, the father, as the non-custodial parent, is frequently obligated to pay child support. The amount is set by a statutory formula, but what goes into the formula and how it is interpreted can be less clear.

An adult male having a conversation with a young boy, showing interaction.

We represent parents seeking child support and parents who are obligated to pay support. Child support is a given, but what is fair under the myriad of possible scenarios is why sound legal representation is critical.

Martindale-Hubbell Preeminent 2024 Badge
Avvo Rating Top Attorney Badge
Ohio State Bar Association Logo
Avvo Clients' Choice Badge
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Logo
Legal professional examining and signing an important document.
Get In Touch

Ready to Take the Next Legal Step?

Whether you’re facing a divorce, need assistance with a business matter, or have a legal question, our experienced team is here to help. Schedule a consultation today to discuss your case and explore your options.

Contact W.H. Hunt Legal Group, LLC Today

Your trusted ally in divorce and family law matters.